Sunday, April 29, 2007

Scrap it, if all else fails

My new motto, er well, more like the motto for today is if all else fails, SCRAP IT. I have been trying to use digi for the first time to create a banner. The decision to learn my PSP8 was a last resort after trying all sorts of online banner making tools, or so I thought. Up until 2:00 a.m. on a Saturday when the thought of just scrapping a banner would be the best way to go. A-it would prevent the headache B-give me a chance to get some sleep C-what else would a die hard paper srapper do, anyways? So, with all that said I proudly uploaded my new banner that displays a bunch of fun circles and scallops and stuff! Now, I can go on to the next step of making my blogger feel like home.

We sprung a leak. OK the house sprung a leak. I was on the phone when a new sound came from the basement that I did not recognize, but somehow did recognize the somewhat muffled scream-whine of my name. The voice had to be Kevins, and it was. When I made it down the stairs I saw a totally soaked version of the man I love with a pathetic look on his face. As he mumbled something about a turn off valve, I could see his reddish, cold flesh. Anyways, I had to keep a shopping engagment with Mom and my youngest son (20) to find him a loveseat for his new apartment and left Kevin to figure out how to remedy the water issue by himself. When the phone rang as we three were sitting outside under the canopy of Cheeseburger in Paradise dining on chicken, pinneapple, plantain, greens and onion six straws. It was one of those moments where if it was bad news that my stomach was not gonna be happy. But, he called with good news, after a trip to Lowes and a filing of the end of the pipe for the outdoor spicket he "capped" off the leak. No more boiling water for him to shave.

Todays agenda is to clean up the house a bit, and upload some of my newest layouts, along with doing my first challenge EVER at 2 peas. New Excitment and Adventure all in one day---now that is what I call FUN.

1 comment:

Susie said...

awesome banner! you did a great job!!